- I went on a three-day work trip and ate ALL THE FOOD. Seriously, I was contemplating writing an entire blog post on how NOT to eat well when traveling. I had good intentions to find healthy options, but all those plans went right out the window ... Oh well. The positives were that I learned a lot in our training, and I managed to put in some treadmill miles and a strength workout while staying at the hotel.
- I ran my third official half-marathon! Kim, Kim and I took it easy at the Parlor City Trot in Bluffton, using the course as a training run. It was a WONDERFUL way to start my Labor Day weekend. I finished in 2:08 and change - it wasn't a PR, but it was good enough to unexpectedly place second in my age group. Go me!
|Yes, Kim pushed baby Kate through the entire race. I'm still in awe.|
- That same day, Kenlee fell and broke her arm while going "on an adventure" from our couch to our recliner. This was NOT a wonderful way to start my Labor Day weekend. After the initial ER visit, we returned to the hospital the following week to have her arm set under general anesthesia. Thankfully, all went well and she is healing as expected. She's promised us "No more adventures." Meanwhile, I ran ALL THE MILES trying to battle my anxiety.
|Her arm may be broken, but she's still performing her royal duties as a princess.|
- My husband has been a rockstar in his 10k training! Yesterday, he ran 5.63 miles ... while pushing Kenlee in the stroller! I'm so proud of him, and I can't wait to watch him cross the 10k finish line in Grand Rapids next month.
- We punked out on our first triathlon because we realized we just didn't have the time or energy to devote to swimming and biking. Turns out the race was cancelled anyway, but it felt good to be honest with ourselves and admit that it was just too much to take on at this point in our training.
- I battled the world's most annoying corn on my right foot ... and I think I won. If the story wasn't so ridiculous, I would devote an entire post to my insanely silly antics trying to get rid of this thing. For now, it's definitely shrinking, thanks to some new (wider) shoes, some REAL running socks and LOTS of Dr. Scholl's pads.
- Our second Warrior Dash is this weekend! After finishing last year's race, we instantly knew we needed to complete another. This time, however, we'll be racing in Grand Rapids, Michigan, which offers a MUCH FLATTER course. Either way, we're prepared because my sister-in-law Holly put us through some training with an obstacle course at my niece and nephew's birthday party. Aside from the fact that I lost my lead at the cornhole station (argh!), it was pretty awesome (and entertaining)!
|Kyle and Kenlee digging for keys in the "Mommy's Morning" obstacle race.|
- My fourth half-marathon will be Fort4Fitness Sept. 27 in Fort Wayne. I was going to focus on Grand Rapids as my big race for the fall, but once my employer sent out the reminder that they would reimburse our race registration fees ... I just couldn't say no! It will be another family event as Kyle has registered for the 4-mile option. I've heard soooo many great things about this event, so I'm excited to experience everything for myself.
- My FIFTH half-marathon will be in Grand Rapids Oct. 19. Yes, that means I will have run three half marathons in less than two months ... Holy cow, I never thought those words would come out of MY mouth! Because I packed my race schedule for the fall, I don't plan to go fast at this one. I hope I can just log some quality miles with my sister and take in what should be some gorgeous fall scenery in Pure Michigan. Ahhhh ... It will be a nice way to wind down the fall racing season.