Skip to main content

At this moment

Her favorite place: "UP!" on the couch with a book.
Kenlee is at this crazy, magical, frustrating, wonderful and interesting age where she's learning new things each and every day. She's sooooo curious about the world around her, and she likes to explore her environment.

It's magical and wonderful because I love seeing the amazement on her face when she discovers something new. My heart leaps when she learns a new word or meets a new milestone.

It's also crazy and frustrating because when she can't quite get the hang of something, she gets angry and screams or cries. My little perfectionist just doesn't understand why everything doesn't just fall into place the way she would like.

These are just some of the things I want to remember about this point in her life:

• Whenever she wakes up, she wants to see Rowdy first thing. She says "woof, woof" over and over and looks out her bedroom door to see if he's waiting (sometimes he is, sometimes he isnt').

• In addition to the "How big is Kenlee?" trick we taught her from an early age, Kenlee can tell you what doggies say (woof, woof, obviously) and what kikis (kitties) say (though sometimes doggies say meow and kikis say woof, apparently). She also can show you where her belly and nose are.

• "UP!" is her new favorite word because we're trying to get her to say that instead of just screaming whenever she wants on the couch or in our arms. She still screams sometimes, but it's an improvement.

• "Bye!" is another favorite word, and she'll say it whenever she thinks she's leaving.... even if she's not.  

• Laundry is the easiest way to distract her for about 30 minutes each day. She loves to lay on the pile of clothes or help you "sort" the clothes into baskets. Just don't forget to let her push the buttons when you're ready to start the washer or dryer.

• Book are another sure-fire way to calm Kenlee down. Currently, I read "Brown Bear" to her at least three times a day, and I'm sure to let her turn the pages at her own speed.

• Kenlee is a good eater and loves to try new things ... as long as she can feed herself. Currently, we eat breakfast in the living room (lunch and dinner are at the table, I promise). She loves to have half a Bagel Thin with strawberry cream cheese. As you can imagine, I wipe cream cheese off our living room furniture daily. But she loves it, so for now I'll allow it to continue.

• We're pretty sure "Go, Cubs, Go!" is her first song. Kyle plays/sings the song often, and she'll repeat "Go, go, go!" in a sing-song voice whenever she hears it. She'll also randomly break out singing it whenever she sees sports on TV. The girl just KNOWS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worth the Wait: Archer's Birth Story

Archer Wilden Brigle Nov. 11, 2016 7 lbs., 10 oz. 21 inches long
Archer's delivery only lasted a few (intense) minutes, but the tumultuous story of his arrival started several weeks prior. My pregnancy lasted FOREVER (or at least it felt that way) and, even though I knew he could be late, I was on pins and needles looking for ANY signs of labor as each day passed by. 
Oct. 31 - 40 weeks  Despite my best efforts to kickstart labor over the weekend, I was still pregnant on my due date -Halloween. This was good news for Kenlee because even though we had already participated in our local trick or treat on Saturday, I was willing to go out walking again so she could trick or treat a second time with her cousins (who live in another town). 


Nov. 2  My 40-week appointment was on a Wednesday afternoon. I was nervous/excited because I decided I would finally get my cervix checked and see what kind of progress I was making. Even though I'd had no other signs of labor at this point, I hop…

Disney World DVC rental: How we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge for a FRACTION of the normal price

As you may recall, I spent approximately 18 months planning and saving for my family’s first trip to Disney World. We stayed Nov. 15-21, 2015, and I have to say every bit of research and budgeting paid off – big time. And, I can’t wait to share everything I learned.
But before I dive into any tips or tricks, I want to set the stage with the “stage” of our vacation: our resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge. This place is so incredible, it’s hard to describe. From the sights (animals grazing on the savanna), to the sounds (genuine African drummers), to the tastes (Indian and African dishes) and the smells (OMG I asked if they sold incense so we could take the scent home!!), every detail added to an immersive, amazing experience. 

Now, you may be wondering how we decided to stay here. I wish I could say we chose it after a lengthy comparison of features and costs … but really, we just got one hell of a deal. Anyone who knows me knows I’m a sucker for a good discount or clearance sale. And I fou…

I'm a Marathoner! Recap of the Akron Marathon

WARNING: This post is nearly as long as my marathon. It's taken me nearly a month to put together, and it's probably too long and rambling at parts, but I don't care. You're about to read more than a race recap. You're about to read my memories of one of the hardest, craziest and most incredible days of my life. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Love,
Tami

Part 1: The hills are alive If you were looking at elevation maps (hills) for a marathon course, which of the two below would you rather run?



Yeah ... That's a trick question – they’re for the same race ... my race! They’re just scaled differently, which is REALLY hard to see unless you’re some sort of map guru (which I am not). 
So when I saw the first map back in December last year, I didn’t think the course for the Akron Marathon looked so bad. Yes, it would have hills, but I thought they seemed comparable to the hills I run out in the country. 
Fast forward 10 months to when I saw the second chart … an…