|Her favorite place: "UP!" on the couch with a book.|
It's magical and wonderful because I love seeing the amazement on her face when she discovers something new. My heart leaps when she learns a new word or meets a new milestone.
It's also crazy and frustrating because when she can't quite get the hang of something, she gets angry and screams or cries. My little perfectionist just doesn't understand why everything doesn't just fall into place the way she would like.
These are just some of the things I want to remember about this point in her life:
• Whenever she wakes up, she wants to see Rowdy first thing. She says "woof, woof" over and over and looks out her bedroom door to see if he's waiting (sometimes he is, sometimes he isnt').
• In addition to the "How big is Kenlee?" trick we taught her from an early age, Kenlee can tell you what doggies say (woof, woof, obviously) and what kikis (kitties) say (though sometimes doggies say meow and kikis say woof, apparently). She also can show you where her belly and nose are.
• "UP!" is her new favorite word because we're trying to get her to say that instead of just screaming whenever she wants on the couch or in our arms. She still screams sometimes, but it's an improvement.
• "Bye!" is another favorite word, and she'll say it whenever she thinks she's leaving.... even if she's not.
• Laundry is the easiest way to distract her for about 30 minutes each day. She loves to lay on the pile of clothes or help you "sort" the clothes into baskets. Just don't forget to let her push the buttons when you're ready to start the washer or dryer.
• Book are another sure-fire way to calm Kenlee down. Currently, I read "Brown Bear" to her at least three times a day, and I'm sure to let her turn the pages at her own speed.
• Kenlee is a good eater and loves to try new things ... as long as she can feed herself. Currently, we eat breakfast in the living room (lunch and dinner are at the table, I promise). She loves to have half a Bagel Thin with strawberry cream cheese. As you can imagine, I wipe cream cheese off our living room furniture daily. But she loves it, so for now I'll allow it to continue.
• We're pretty sure "Go, Cubs, Go!" is her first song. Kyle plays/sings the song often, and she'll repeat "Go, go, go!" in a sing-song voice whenever she hears it. She'll also randomly break out singing it whenever she sees sports on TV. The girl just KNOWS.