BlogBlogs

Friday, July 18, 2014

What we're eating: Tami's lunch salad

OK, I can’t leave that last post up for long. I need some more positivity in my life this week. Hey, here’s a positive: My FAVORITE lunch salad!

I make this salad at least twice a week, if not more. It’s delicious, low in points and high in nutritional value – compared to other options, at least. I usually chase it with some yummy nonfat Greek yogurt (Dannon brand is my current fav).
Tami’s lunch salad: Just 8 points total!

Lots of zero-point foods: 
  • Spinach/baby green mix – pile this stuff on! Don’t be stingy with your greens!
  • Fresh mushrooms
  • Thin-sliced onions
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Mild yellow peppers 

Lots of low-point foods: 
  • 1 oz. Fat-free feta cheese: 1 point
  • 1 hardboiled egg: 2 points
  • 2 oz. sliced deli turkey (I buy the low-sodium option from the Meijer deli): 1 point
  • ¼ fat-free croutons: 1 point
  • ¼ cup light balsamic vinaigrette dressing: 3 points
Random pointers: When I'm packing my lunch, I put everything in the container EXCEPT the croutons and dressing. The croutons go in a sandwich baggie, and the dressing goes in a separate, smaller container. Toss them on right before you eat! 

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Sounds alot like my lunches. Salad dressing goes alot farther when you can shake your salad around.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me.