OK, I can’t leave that last post up for long. I need some more positivity in my life this week. Hey, here’s a positive: My FAVORITE lunch salad!
I make this salad at least twice a week, if not more. It’s delicious, low in points and high in nutritional value – compared to other options, at least. I usually chase it with some yummy nonfat Greek yogurt (Dannon brand is my current fav).
Tami’s lunch salad: Just 8 points total!
Lots of zero-point foods:
- Spinach/baby green mix – pile this stuff on! Don’t be stingy with your greens!
- Fresh mushrooms
- Thin-sliced onions
- Grape tomatoes
- Mild yellow peppers
Lots of low-point foods:
- 1 oz. Fat-free feta cheese: 1 point
- 1 hardboiled egg: 2 points
- 2 oz. sliced deli turkey (I buy the low-sodium option from the Meijer deli): 1 point
- ¼ fat-free croutons: 1 point
- ¼ cup light balsamic vinaigrette dressing: 3 points
Random pointers: When I'm packing my lunch, I put everything in the container EXCEPT the croutons and dressing. The croutons go in a sandwich baggie, and the dressing goes in a separate, smaller container. Toss them on right before you eat!